When your baby starts to get active, as a parent you’re going to want to provide your little one with a safe place to burn off all that excess energy. Why? Because if you don’t, your child could end up making a huge mess, like getting into your cupboards or something, or worse yet, he or she could get injured. So, it’s extremely important to give your child a place to safely have a good time, which is exactly what baby jumpers offer.
The Features and Benefits of Baby Jumpers
The reason a baby jumper (jumperoo)) provides you with such a safe place to put your child to play and learn how to use his or her muscles is due to the way one is designed in addition to the many features and benefits that it has. The set-up of a baby jumper is rather straightforward. One will generally have a seat type area with two leg holes, allowing your baby to first sit and then stand. That seating area will be attached to some sort of spring loaded support type system, which lets your baby stand and jump up and down. Some baby jumpers will sit right on the floor, about a foot or so off the ground, while others are designed to be hanged from the ceiling or a door frame. Both are very convenient and easy to set up for your little jumper to use.
Now that you understand how a baby jumper is set up, the next thing that we’re going to get into is all of the features and benefits that one has.
To begin with, some of the features a baby jumper may have consist of:
- A seating/standing area that is stationary or can rotate with a cover that is removable and washable.
- A support system that is spring loaded or has bungee type cords, which may or may not be adjustable. Plus, they have a sturdy base.
- Some have built in toys including those that hang, others that spin, and some that make sounds.
- Others have built in music players and then there are those that also vibrate, which are powered by batteries or AC adapters.
- Crafted from materials that are durable.
- Having a fun decorative motif that makes it attractive to babies, kids, and adults.
And, a few of the benefits include:
- Now, this benefit was already mentioned, but it’s such a big one that it needs to be mentioned again. With that said, the main benefit of a baby jumper is that it provides you with a safe place for your baby to be active and have fun.
- Helps your little one develop motor skills by letting him or her jump around, stomp, wiggle, and walk, or run, in place.
- Provides you with a convenient spot to put your baby if you need to quickly do something around the house.
- Stimulates your baby, getting his or her senses going.
- Helps your child with his or her dexterity with using their hands, allowing them to grab and hold things. Provided you get one with toys.
- Allows your child to learn how to be independent since he or she is alone away from Mom and Dad.
- Offers your kid a fun way to pass the time.
The Most Popular Baby Jumper Brands
After doing quite a bit of research and digging, we made the discovery that there are some brands of baby equipment that are more popular than others. They are, in no particular order:
- BabyBjorn – This brand equates to luxury and is considered to be extremely high end. With the products from this company, typically only the top materials are used and with that comes a much higher price tag compared to others on the market.
- Fischer-Price – This is one of the brands that is probably the best known out of all those on the market since it has a long history of making quality baby goods. It’s the oldest around, but for good reason.
- Tiny Love – Although this brand is relatively new to the baby gear market, it’s starting to trend upward for two reasons. One, what Tiny Love makes is stylish and it’s also very, very functional.
- Graco – This is a long-standing brand just like Fischer-Price, but just hasn’t been around quite as long. It’s turned into a highly trusted brand among parents and offers a baby gear options.
- Bright Stars – If you don’t want to break the bank when you purchase things for your baby, then Bright Stars is the brand for you. Very affordable, it’s a reliable brand that will get the job done, yet doesn’t come with all the bells and whistles like the others.
- Baby Einstein – This brand is all about child development and has a ton of features that promote this development.
The Top 5 Baby Jumper Best Sellers
Just like with the other baby gear options, some have become better sellers than the others. After our research, here are the top 5 that we found (listed in no precise order):
- The Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo – As the name suggests, the jumper has a zoo theme featuring hanging zoo animals, a soft rotating seat, and sounds, music, and lights that can be turned on and off in a blink of an eye. This one is designed to be set on the floor.
- The Baby Einstein Musical Motion Activity Jumper – Not only does this one let your little tyke jump around, but it also offers them 12 different activities to keep them busy highlighted by a mini piano right on the jumper. This one is also designed to be set on the floor.
- The Graco Bumper Jumper – Set up to be hung from a middle of a doorway, this is a jumper that is made for comfort for both your son or daughter and your home. Why? Because, it has a soft seat and a soft harness that won’t damage your home.
- The Bright Stars Springin’ Safari Bounce-a-Bout Activity Center – This jumper actually doesn’t have the typical jumper set up, yet, it still offers your kid a fun way to jump and play. It has a seat that rotates 360 degrees and instead of a spring set up, it has a hard frame with adjustable height positions. Plus, it comes with attached toys that are interactive.
- The Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Jumperoo – Laughing and learning is exactly what your tyke will do with this one. It has a spinning seat, overhead toys, bright colors, and plays five musical tunes.
All-Time Best Selling Baby Jumpers
What You Need to Choose the Correct Baby Jumper
In order to choose the correct baby jumper for your baby’s needs, you need to be smart about what you’re doing. You don’t want to just buy one to buy one because you could end up being disappointed with what it does, and doesn’t offer. For that reason, here’s some advice to follow when getting one:
- Be thorough. What does this mean? This means that you need to really do your homework on all the baby jumper options that are out there. This is actually pretty easy to do. Just jump online, search for jumpers, and compare and contrast what’s out there. You can also ask others what they think about the options and don’t forget to look at reviews. This is the part of your research where we are comminted to help you.
- Don’t be hasty. Again, you’re probably thinking, what does this mean? It means, don’t just get something to get something as mentioned earlier. You don’t want to buy something that you’ll regret.
- Have fun with it. Don’t forget, you are getting this jumper for a baby, so, make sure you have fun with it and don’t take things too seriously. Enjoy looking through all the cute options and just stay in the moment because shopping for your new addition should be a good time!
Essentially, a baby jumper isn’t a piece of baby equipment that you need right away when your little one is first home from the hospital. However, when he or she starts to grow and get active, it’s really something that you should have in your home so your child has a safe spot to burn off some energy. When you see your little bundle smiling and safely having a good time in his or her jumper, you’ll be happy that you did.