This article has been updated on
After testing of 24 double strollers, it turned out that Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller got a gold medal. Whether you want to use it with 2 infant car seats or 2 seated kids, this stroller will last for years to come, lasting from birth upward.
We listed the main benefits below to show why 900+ caring parents have already purchased this remarkable stroller for twins.
Being parents of twins isn’t an easy feat, and you need to pick out double all of the baby gear. If you want to leave your house with your twins, you’re going to need the best baby strollers for twins. The right double stroller makes it easier to head to festivals, go to the store, and live your life with two babies.
Top 5 Baby Strollers for Twins Comparison
|Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller||Check Price|
Solid and Multifunctional
|Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double||Check Price|
|Delta Children LX Side by Side Stroller||Check Price|
|4||Kolcraft Double Umbrella Stroller||Check Price|
|5||JOOVY Scooter X2 with Tray||Check Price|
5 Best Baby Strollers for Twins Detailed Review
1. Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller – Best Tandem Stroller for Twins
If you’re looking for a tandem stroller that accepts two infant car seats, your options are limited, but Graco DuoGlider might be the answer to your prayers. This double stroller accepts two Graco SnugRide Click Connect infant car seats, perfect for parents of twins. Each seat holds up to 40lbs, so you know you can get plenty of use out of this stroller.
- It has a one-handed fold, and the stroller stands once folded.
- Under the seats, there is a drop-down storage basket that lets you reach into to get items without disturbing your child.
- Both seats recline, and they both have individual canopies and footrests. The rear seat does recline nearly flat, but the front seat does not because it will interfere with the back seat.
- The front wheels are lockable, and they also swivel. Graco added a suspension system for a nice, smooth ride.
- Graco included a parent tray with a storage container and two cup holders for convenience. Moms need that coffee!
- Both seats feature a removable child’s tray with two cup holders each.
- Accepts 2 Graco Infant Car Seats
- One-Handed Fold
- Large Storage Basket
- Parent Tray and 2 Children’s Trays
- Heavy to Lift – 30lbs
- 40lbs is a Low Max Weight Limit
Despite the lower weight limits, if you have twins, the Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller accepts two infant car seats. With the large storage basket, reclining seats, and plenty of cup holders, it’s the perfect stroller for twins.
2. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double – 1-to-2 Seat Transformer
Baby Trend is known for making affordable yet sturdy strollers for kids. Their Sit N Stand Stroller is a versatile stroller that gives you plenty of options. You can seat two children in the stroller, or attach two Flex Loc infant car seats. The third option is one child in the Flex Loc car seat and the second child either sitting or standing in the back.
As parents with twins, you’ll more likely find yourself using either the two car seats or two seated kids, but it sure is nice to have the flexibility.
- The rear seat is removable, converting the stroller to the traditional sit and stand design with a platform an older child to stand.
- It folds one-handed, making it easy to use with a baby in arms.
- Under the stroller, there is a large basket for storage.
- Each child seat has a removable, swing-away child tray that includes a cup holder. Parents have a tray as well with two cup holders.
- If you remove the back seat, there is a platform, and a jump seat that is designed for a child is at least 2.5 years old and not over 40 inches tall.
- You can use the stroller up to a total of 80lbs.
- Accepts Flex Loc Infant Car Seats
- Removable Rear Seat
- 2 Child Trays
- Parent Tray with Cup Holders
- Seat Pads Aren’t Machine Washable
- Weighs 32lbs
- Basket is Smaller Than Other Models
- Only 80lbs Weight Limit
Baby Trend sells affordable strollers, and we all know that raising twins is expensive. The Baby Trend Sit N Stand will last you from birth until the preschool years, so long as you use the Flex Loc Infant Car Seats. With this stroller, you don’t need to break the bank to go out on the town with your twins.Read Verified Customer Reviews
3. Delta Children LX Side by Side Stroller – Extra Smooth Ride Stroller
Do you want a quick, lightweight stroller when you head to the store or the park? The Delta Children LX is an affordable side by side stroller that holds children up to 35lbs each. This stroller also meets Disney size requirements, so if you’re headed off on vacation, this stroller might be the best choice for you.
- Delta Children added two large, European style canopies that fold independently of each other.
- Underneath each seat, there is a small storage bag and a parent cup holder with two attachment points. So, you can hold some items, but the basket isn’t ideal for too many things.
- This stroller features 360 degrees swiveling, shock-absorbing front wheels that provide a smooth ride.
- It’s a lightweight frame, only weighing 18lbs, and it also has a soft, comfortable carrying handle for when you need to bring the stroller to your vehicle.
- The LX Stroller folds compactly and easily for storage and travel.
- Lightweight and Portable
- Easy to Push
- 70lbs Total Max Weight Limit
- Meets Disney Requirements
- Low Handles, Not Ideal for Tall Parents
- SunShades Aren’t Big
- Child Needs to Sit Independently
While the Delta Children LX isn’t ideal for your first stroller for twins, it is an excellent choice if you have toddlers who often walk or if you’re headed on vacation. Since the stroller meets Disney requirements, you can travel with this stroller, but it doesn’t offer the comfort features you’d want in your standard stroller.Read Verified Customer Reviews
4. Kolcraft Double Umbrella Stroller – Breathable Spacious Stroller
Are you looking for an umbrella stroller for twins? There aren’t too many choices, but the Kolcraft Double Umbrella Stroller is a highly-rated option. This stroller holds two children and weighs only 21lbs, so it’s perfect for traveling. Each seat holds a maximum child weight of 35lbs for a total maximum weight limit of 70lbs.
- The width of this stroller, once fully assembled, is 31 inches so that it can fit through any standard doorway.
- The stroller has a quick and compact fold for portability while traveling.
- Kolcraft added expandable, independent canopies with visor extensions and rear hoods for extra UV protection. When compared to the Delta Children stroller, these are much larger.
- Both seats recline independently with a padded 3-point safety harness. Most umbrella strollers don’t have reclining seats, so this is a fantastic feature!
- Kolcraft added cool climate seat backs with roll-ups that allow for extra airflow during warmer weather.
- They added a parent cup holder on the left handle.
- This stroller is Disney size-approved so that you can take it on vacation with you.
- Roll-Up Seat Backs for Air Flow
- Reclining Seats
- 70lbs Weight Limit
- Large Extendable Canopies
- No Storage Basket or Cup Holders for the Kids
- 3-Point Not a 5-Point Harness
The reason we added the Kolcraft to our list for baby strollers for twins is that we liked the extra features. While Kolcraft should have added a storage basket, you can purchase ones separately. We love the roll-up seatbacks, reclining seats, and sizeable extendable canopy, which are more features than most umbrella strollers offer.Read Verified Customer Reviews
5. JOOVY Scooter x2 with Tray – Great Space-Saving Design
Joovy sells modern, stylish baby products, and they recently redesigned their Scooter x2 to include two children trays. Before, that was a hang-up for parents who wanted the stroller but also wanted trays. Now, you don’t have to compromise! This stroller is an excellent choice for parents of twins or those with a toddler and an infant.
- This stroller measures 30” wide, so it fits through most standard doorways.
- It accommodates two children with a seat weight limit of 45lbs, for a total maximum weight limit of 90lbs. That’s the highest on the list. `
- Each seat reclines independently of each other almost flat. It’s not a perfectly flat recline, but it’s close.
- You can fold the stroller one-handed.
- Joovy added a large storage basket under the stroller along with two cup holders for parents and two zippered pockets for phones, along with mesh cup holders in the seats for the kids.
- The large wheels have sealed bearings to make it easier for you to steer and a smooth ride, and Joovy added linked parking brakes. Also, these double front wheels create a strong foundation for extra stability.
- Comfortable, Deep Seats
- Plenty of Storage
- Easy to Maneuver
- 90lb Weight Limit
- Reclining Seats
- Heaviest on the List – 38lbs
- Doesn’t Take Car Seats
- Can’t Be Used At Birth
The Joovy Scooter isn’t meant to be used for babies at birth because the seats don’t recline perfectly. Some parents use similar cozy headrests that you would use in car seats. However, if you have two babies that can hold up their heads, the Scooter x2 offers plenty of storage, comfortable seats, and a generous weight limit.Read Verified Customer Reviews
How to Choose the Best Baby Strollers for Twins – Buyer’s Guide
While we picked the top five double strollers that parents love, that doesn’t completely narrow down the selection for you. You still have to decide which of these five strollers you want to buy. So, here are some things to consider when you pick the right stroller for twins.
The Types of Double Stroller
You have to decide what type of double stroller you want to have. There are three types – tandem strollers, umbrella strollers, and side-by-side strollers. All three have advantages and disadvantages.
- Tandem Strollers
Tandem strollers are the strollers when one child is in front, and one child is in the back. These strollers have a smaller width than side-by-side strollers, so they easily fit through doorways. They typically fit into smaller trunks easier as well. This style works well for twins, if the stroller takes infant car seats, and if you have two kids of different ages.
One thing that many parents note about the tandem stroller is that maneuvering can be a bit of a challenge. They’re like pushing a bus, so going around turns and corners can be a bit harder. Don’t expect to turn on a dime!
- Side-by-Side Strollers
Side-by-side strollers place each child side by side, as you might suspect via the name. These strollers are wider, so you need to look for a model that will fit through doorways. Some of these strollers take car seats, while others are better for kids who sit independently.
Maneuvering side by side strollers is easier than tandem strollers. You can turn faster and around sharper corners, and you might find that they handle rougher terrain easier.
- Umbrella Strollers
The last type of double stroller on the list is umbrella strollers. These are lightweight, perfect for traveling. Babies need to sit independently to use these strollers, so most of the time, you need to wait until closer to six to eight months old.
Umbrella strollers tend to lack in features. Most don’t have large canopies, cup holders, or storage space.
One of the first things you should consider is the weight limit. If your children are bigger, you don’t want a stroller with a low maximum weight limit. The higher the weight limit, the longer you can use the stroller, and that means you get more for your money.
Car Seat Compatibility
Not all strollers are car seat compatible. Do you want to be able to use the stroller with car seats? That’s an ideal choice for newborn twins. It makes life a lot easier. You can take the babies out of the car and snap their seats directly onto the stroller.
Make sure you look at what brands the stroller takes. Not all strollers take any brand of car seats, so if you already purchased infant car seats, then you need to make sure the stroller you select works with that brand.
Your baby’s safety is a huge priority! Make sure that the stroller you select passes all recommendations and safety standards by the ASTM and CPSIA. Also, all strollers need to have a harness. 5-point harnesses are ideal, but a 3-point harness is sufficient for older kids.
Twins require a lot of gear, and you need places to keep that gear. Ideally, the stroller you pick will have a large storage basket underneath the seats, the perfect place to keep your diaper bag. Some have bags behind the seats for your keys, phone, and other essential items.
Don’t forget cup holders! Even if you think they aren’t necessary, you’ll quickly find out that they are.
Comfort for Babies
Last, but not least, you want to think about the comfort of the stroller for your babies. Comfort is always a factor. Are the seats comfortable? Padded seats are a must-have for a stroller that you use daily.
Look at the size of the sun canopy. It should be able to cover your baby a good amount to protect them from the rain or sun.
Criteria We Used for Baby Strollers for Twins Review
How did we pick the baby strollers for twins in this review? We had to search through dozens of choices. You wouldn’t believe how many strollers there are on the market!
Instead, we use a set list of criteria to pick the strollers.
First, none of the strollers on our list classify as luxury strollers. We understand that the average parent cannot afford to spend hundreds and hundreds on strollers, especially when twins mean they double the cost.
Your double stroller should be appropriately priced, so it needs to match what you get for the cost. All of the strollers on this list meet that criterion.
Meets Safety Standards
No matter what stroller you purchase, it needs to meet safety standards. These standards ensure that strollers meet specific qualifications that keep your child safe. Companies need to meet these standards, and you should find a stamp on the product.
Meets the Needs of Parents
Having twins means you have unique needs compared to other parents. You have double the trouble, right? These strollers all meet the needs of twin parents in some way. If they weren’t going to be useful for twin parents, they couldn’t make the cut onto our review list.
You don’t want to purchase a stroller if it doesn’t last at least a few years. Why waste the money on a product that isn’t durable?
With twins on the way (or already here), you have to pick the best baby strollers for twins. Let’s get to the point, Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller is on the top of our list. The right stroller lets you escape the house with your twins, conquering festivals, the park, stores, and much more. It should include spacious storage for your baby’s favorite toys, snacks, and anti-colic bottles. A stroller should make your life easier, not more difficult, fulfilling all of your needs as a twins parent!